During this crisis demand on food banks is incredibly high. In response to this, food donations are needed more than ever and Nunhead Knocks (NK) want to increase donation opportunities by setting up local food collection points.
Thank you for responding to this crisis by hosting a food collection point in your business, it is really appreciated. NK are here to support you in this partnership with queries you might have.
Some general guidance:
- perishable goods cannot be distributed and are therefore cannot be accepted
- You provide a receptacle suitable for the space you have available to hold donations
- You locate the drops of point where it is convenient for you and your customers
- The public should be able to access the drop off point during your opening hours
- The drop of point must be well signposted and visible
A NK volunteer will ensure posters and signs are displayed correctly.
A NK volunteer will check in on the collection point to:
- Ensure the signage is visible and the collection point is easy to find
- Ensure perishable or inappropriate items are removed
- Organise and facilitate the weekly collection of the donations, at a time that is convenient for you
If the collection point is overflowing with an unmanageable amount of donations we will be thrilled! A NK volunteer will organise an extra collection.
When you are no longer offering a collection point a NK volunteer will tidy up all posters and advertising material.
Once again, thank you so much for being part of a community based COVID 19 response. NK is entirely volunteer run and we thank you for supporting us by your collaboration. Give yourselves a high five!