About the role
There are two shifts for social media monitors
During your shift you need to be relatively available to any (responsive on Slack in 30-60 mins) and “online”.
Whilst there is good engagement online and occasionally urgent content to post, you definitely won’t be constantly “busy” for 6 hours and might be something you can do alongside other volunteer activities for Nunhead Knocks or even your day job if it is flexible (... or reading a book or watching Netflix!).
We don’t currently have enough people to cover all shifts so the above is the ideal and those that can will be filling in the gaps for now.
We don’t currently have templates for assets but you can replicate graphics and get creative! You can draw key messages from previous social content, the website and newsletters.
- Posting urgent content (usually coming through Slack channels) (note: this only happens a few times a week)
- Responding to tweets/ comments and DMs (to signpost to support, information, to connect with relevant teams and to engage with the community) (note: a few times a day)
- Re-sharing any appropriate mentions/tags (if it meets our objectives) (note: 10-15 a day)
- Checking the NK website for anything that needs to be promoted
- Connecting journalists requests with PR/press team (Jack Rowley and Natalie Davies on slack) (note: has happened a few times so far)
- If there is anything important to hand over to the next person - pop a note on the marketing slack channel
Nice to do if you can
- Creating and posting/scheduling planned assets (suggestions on Trello)
- Planning ideas for content (on Trello - any ideas and anything coming in through Slack that aren’t urgent)
- Following local organisations and businesses
- Following local influencers/politicians (Twitter/Instagram)